So Brett was dragged into this and he says that he can beat me in a 5K. He has not run for a long time and is turning 50 very soon. He was going to run a 10K but had some complications and decided to back out of the race.
My current PR for the 5K is 28 minutes.
Brett's most recent estimated run was 35 minutes for 4 miles. that would make his 5K 26 minutes.
I call bologna and challenge him to a real race.
Race Starts 7:30AM, Monday, July 4, 2011.
5K – 3.1 Miles
Rithy Vu versus Brett Duncan
He states that he is 100% sure he can beat me. I'm pretty sure I can train to beat that time. No problem. To make things interesting.
Loser paints Winner’s name on finger nails with color of choice of the Winner.
I have already sent my shoes in for warranty service (tracking says they got it). I really hope I can pick up my new shoes soon.
To figure out my training method, I will be altering Hal's program:
and using McMillan running calculator to determine the training paces.
My immediate goal is sub 25 min 5K. I would prefer to be 22-23 min range.
Win or lose, this will help me in my training for sub 2 hr half marathon
This training will require lots of hills, dieting and much discipline.

No comments:
Post a Comment