| Had a $155.04 value |
I totally forgot that I got his number last year, but I probably won't forget next year.
I went to West Covina at Dick's Sporting Good. He was really busy and people were asking for him when I got there again. Very informational and popular. This time the store is remodeled and I went to look at all the shoes and tried some on while waiting for him to finish his meeting.
After about 45 minutes I found him. He asked me how I felt about my Trance 9. I liked them very much. It was on sale for $99. They felt great new but I was very hesitant. He said if its not broken, don't fix it. However I really wanted to try out the new Asics.
I tried on the Kayano 17. It felt "okay".
I thought there could be more cushion like the Trance 9. I really wanted to try out the new Trance 10, but they did not get them yet.
So with Chris's advice, he said the Kayano 16 and the Trance 9 are basically the same and that I should get the cheaper one. They felt better than the 17, which was odd in my opinion except it had less cushioning. Kayano 16 came out to $79.99 + 7.80 tax = $87.79
I no longer can get the No Sweat Protection plan on the shoes since I guess they lost money.
| Click Photo to Enlarge |
| Click Photo to Enlarge |
The next day I went to Tustin to see if they had any more Kayano 16 in my size left. I wanted to get a second pair. Sadly they were all gone. I talked with Janet Teng and she said that she liked the GT 2150. I tried them on and they felt almost the same. It was on sale there and in my size so I picked that up. $69.99 + 6.12 tax = $76.11
I also had a gift card from REI so I bought the Comfort Insoles and a new bladder for my camel bak.
So basically for $180, I got 3 pair of shoes. Not bad eh?
Chris also told me that he has lots of pairs of Nike. He tried many and he buys several shoes and cycles through them so they can breath. Basically you have to let the shoe rest for at least 24 hrs or you won't get support. Probably made sense why it hurt so much when I did back to back running for my marathon training.
He also suggest that I try Nike LunarFly.
After I refresh these shoes, I might try Nike and probably by then I'll be down to 7 min miles with no problem.
I can't wait to train in these!
No comments:
Post a Comment