Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Week 12 - Injury

Saturday 8/28:
end of Week 11 did my great 16 miles run 3 hours and 8 minutes with a 11:44 pace.

after that I got the foot massage here for $15


http://www.yelp.com/biz/ava-foot-massage-la-mirada


it's basically what the reviewers said. it's a public massage place so you lay down next to other patrons. She didn't say a word to me but basically found all the knots in my foot which I didn't know I had. She worked the shins and calves a bit and actually pushed my leg up to stretch my quads.


I felt like jello afterwards but then in a few hours, no pain like the 15 mile previously. 

Also I looked down at my right foot, I have two big callus. =(


Sunday:


So that weekend, I talked with the wife about getting a bicycle. She likes to get many things for exercise and not use them so I had to make certain it's what she wants. She even wanted a treadmill and many other things but hey a bicycle is good so she can chase me while I run. 


Monday:


We found it on sale at Sports Chalet in Long Beach. 


Electra Townie 21D


So we got that and decided to buy the helmet and other stuff online which could be cheaper. We were going to get the orange one but the blue one was $20 more so we got that instead. So then we rolled it to her camry and then found out that it won't fit the trunk.

I was a little frustrated and I was worried about it, but I was inside thinking of buying the car mount to transport this. While I was trying to get the bike in, I told the wife to call my parents to bring over their SUV.

So it was pretty late and Sports Chalet had closed up. My dad and sister came and so I had to drive the SUV to my house to drop it off while the wife had to drop my dad and sister off back home.

So I get home and I take the bike out to put into the garage. Stupid me... being in a hurry and all... walked into the garage with no lights on thinking I can just roll the bike in and get out. Also stupid me... leaving this on the ground


Also stupid me... I used sandals and BAM!!! I struck the left side of my right foot onto the pike of that. I didn't know I hit that until the following day but I was like owe my feet hurt. I thought I kicked like the edge of something.

I brought the SUV back to my parents home and the wife drove me back home because I said my foot hurt. I poured hydrogen peroxide to close the wound up.

Tuesday:

Well I didn't figure out how bad my wound is.. I mean a chunk of my skin was blocking what indeed was a much deeper wound. So I suited up and tried to run. Holy crap it felt like a dog was biting my foot. I turned around and posted that I wouldn't run.

Thursday:

I tried to run again... owies... like major owe.

Saturday:

I was determined to wake up and do my 12 miles. I got going and I was like ok awesome. it stings a lil bit but let me do the 5 minute rule. It went away! sweet... then after 1.5 miles... I felt sharps pains again and then it felt like walking on glass. I came back home early... which took me about 30 minutes to get back... sheesh.

I then looked at my foot. I cut off that piece of skin and I was like woah it was much deeper. the bruising I had earlier in the week came back and I was like awww man. I iced it up. I put neosporin and I decided to make the next 3 days take care of my feet day.

Sunday:

I woke up early in the morning to change my car oil. Then we had limbus on FFXI. Then we got lunch at a cafe that used to be a crepe place. Little pricey but their paradigm is fresh fruit, fresh everything. I mean it was ok... but I was like meh. Then we got water. Soooooooooooo stupid me picked up six one gallon containers of water that's in a box and ouchies my lower back goes. I wanted to cry. I tried to get the wife to pull my back into place. She was scared and confused. it's ok... I wouldn't know what to do anyways either.

So apparently changing my car oil my hands hurt, I hurt my lower back from lifting too much water and I poked a hole in my right foot. So all on my right side of the body haha.

Not done yet. We waited a bit to mow the lawn. The wife trimmed the trees while I did the lawn.

Then we washed both cars and I watered the lawn afterwards.

Monday - Labor Day:

So happy no work today. We played FF14 Open Beta all day and night. I treated my foot more and put oils on my foot to treat my callus. So full of rest.

Tuesday:

I had a weird dreams. Many small episodes. One of my brother and marching band which was short. but the one that I remember the most was running the race. Wow there wasn't many runners... or maybe my brain wouldn't process that many people anyways. It was towards the end cus I could see the finish banner. I actually could see the last 4 miles that was very short cus every mile had water shooting up like a water fountain. i wanted to run into them lol.

then I went to work and got there early cus I woke up early =)

came home and unwind for a little bit. I suited up and stretched for a bit. mentally telling myself to get back on track. I start off little tense so for my small warm up I stopped and loosened my shoe laces. Then i got going. Wow today's weather was great!!!. Cloudy not too hot. about 75 degrees. I looked at my watch and was like... uh oh 10' pace. I said... I feel good... lets keep this. So I check every now and then. Sometimes it says 12' sometimes it says 10'. So i'm like cool.

for the last .2 miles I sprinted and walked home.

Wow it feels good to be back! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment