Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New shoes on the way

It has taken me quite a long time to purchase a new pair of training shoes.

I got five $25 Amex gift cards and I can no longer stack them on websites like Amazon. So I had to purchase gift cards from eastbay.com



Nike Free Run+ (video and pictures)

This is the latest version of the Nike Free. I was going to for the Nike Free 5.0 v4, but I said I might as well go with the latest. It took me about 3 days to finally place the order online because well gift cards do not have address verification.

I got it for $84.99 with free shipping and no tax. And wow does this ship very slow. I don't think I will order from them ever again... feels like you have to be super patient but these shoes were a bit hard to find and once I bought their gift card, I had to keep adding my cards to the order to stack it because they can not do multiple credit cards.

I hope to at least get these shoes before I start my marathon training in two weeks. I have a 5k with my sister and it's her first 5k.

In September, I will need to pick up a new pair of shoes so I would have a fresh pair. I have decided on:

ASICS Men's GEL-Evolution 5 Running Shoe (pictures)



I'm going based on reviews and friends telling me how light Asics are. I went to the shoe configuration on their site and I over pronate so I want the most stability. My current shoes (Saucony Hurricane 9) feel heavy so I want something to be light for my first marathon and have the support I need for the way I run.

I also hope that training with the Nike Free (once a week on a easy run) will strengthen my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment