I woke up this morning and did my morning ritual and continued to hyrdate. I FB for awhile and then got ready and did some static stretches.
Left the house at 6AM and got there by 6:30ish I got my packet and I was like ooh no time chip? Brett (co-worker) told me prior to chip timing they tear off the bottom of the bib and get your time by that. This race was exactly like that.
So we waited for the race to start and we walked around the venue to check out the goodies. I was at the nike booth where they analyze your run. I got try on the nike free 5.0 and video my run and they are going to e-mail it to me. So I know I kinda over pronate and require stability shoes which has more cushion on the side of the shoe. Cool beans.
Shawn and Nova showed up and we got prepared for the starting line.
So at the start of the race.... we were near the start and I was doing about a 7' pace. My watch was screaming at me and then so did my core. I was like ooopss gotta go back down. the plan was 10', 9' then 8' but I ended up doing the opposite.... oh well.
The first mile was weird running around the plaza and then hit some dirt road with rocks. Then looped back to the starting line again. Shawn caught up with me and then I lost up at the 2nd loop back.
I got water and drank a gulp and then drenched my head with it. The cool part a little boy was running along side of me and kept following what I was doing. =) Unfortunately from what Shawn said... most of them stopped right in front of him or jumped into his lane to take a breather. I also heard from My that she saw someone jump over a little kid.
Towards the end of the 3rd mile I can feel my knees not wanting to go up and fatigue was overwhelming me. I looked at my watch and it said 27 minutes... I wanna finish and I was almost there. I came to a slight walk and then took off and then up to the turn I had to come to another walk... I was like noooooooo!!!!
then it was only 100 meters left I sprinted and I hear people cheering go 665 and I crossed the finish line yay!
so by my garmin, I did 3.14 mi in 29:43! beating my race record by 5 minutes. unofficial times was roughly 31-32 minutes.
08:38.87 - mi 1
09:26.80 - mi 2
10:37.66 - mi 3
00:59.24 - mi .14
No comments:
Post a Comment