so I read somewhere about running that people with shorter legs (28" inseam) should shorten their stride.
now I've read before that people that jump forward to run or pushes their feet out farther (over stride) tend not to do well and running causing injury etc.
but I never noticed how I ran until it dawned on me that I was doing that exact thing. I was matching other runners steps (marching band habit).
So finally I decided to take what I felt like baby steps but increase the pace (or what I put in my head rhythm). the results??? well a faster me w/o hurting myself too much.
I also learned that people use these shorter strides going up hill, kinda of like shifting to 2nd gear from 4th. to go up those steep hills. makes sense.
here are my results
I started with a small warm up. Used my shorter stride at a regular pace. Which some how turned out to be faster than stride that I was using before. I decide to rest a bit as this felt new to my muscles. I start up again decide go faster. I was like ooh the wind feels nice. I go to a rest and then I was like ok I'm go for gold and see if I run the whole block as fast as i can for as long as I can. I hit my power song for the first time so if you look at that red blinky thing its when my fav song comes on, " D-Techno Life by UVERworld", and proceeded to use my new short stride and run as fast as I can w/o over striding. here is where I fell short because it felt like is stopped breathing and soon to find myself locking up. owies
I finish only half the block and I cooled down and went back home.
So far i'm happy with my quick results and have learned how to run as fast as everyone else now =)
No comments:
Post a Comment