Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Taper weeks

looks like i tapered at the wrong time? or fate made me taper the right time?

the weather is just really weird from highs of 113 degrees to now rainy 60 degree weather...

I'm not going to increase my mileage to catch up only because these last weeks are to taper... I'll stick with what Hal's program to the end even though I did not do it right.

My body feels weird and way too many emotions rushing through. I was mentally ready but now I'm starting to get the jitters. Main goal... to just finish. 2nd goal... to finish closest to 5 hrs. 3rd goal... not hurt myself.

the next following weeks up to race day are short short miles... longest would be a 8 miler. I hope my legs are ready.

reading the training ahead... Hal wants me to carbo load 7 days ahead and to ignore what other people have said in the past and to have pasta every night.

one thing I did learn is that you have to cut back the calories because of the mileage decrease or you will gain weight. I have to be very careful.

Super excited with a fun filled month this will be. So many things to do and many visits from family and friends.

just 12 more days

No comments:

Post a Comment