Monday, April 19, 2010

Marathon Calculator

so in prep for this marathon, I e-mailed the course to my family so they can cheer me on.

So now comes the training.

Marathon Training Calculator

I use 1 hr 2 minutes and 39 sec for my last 10K I did at Seal Beach.

Distance Finish Times:

1500m 8:23
the mile 9:02
3000m(3k) 17:30
3200m(about 2 miles) 18:44
5000m(5k) 30:04
8000m(8k) 49:29
5 miles 49:47
10,000m(10k) 1:02:42
ten miles 1:43:49
a half marathon 2:18:13
a marathon 4:48:10

Training Pace

12:04 min/mile Easy run training pace
10:07 min/mile Tempo run training pace
9:09 min/mile Maxmum oxygen training pace
8:29 min/mile Speed form training pace
12:04 - 13:31 min/mile Long run training pace
4:41 min/800 Yasso 800s training pace

Pace
10:05 Pace per mile
5.95 Miles/hour
6:16 Pace per kilometer
9.57 Kilometers/hour
2.66 Meters/second

I will tackle the marathon with four 10k. I will take it easy the first 10k (6mi) and then rest/stretch and pick it up just a little every 10k (6mi).

This plan might change but it's easier to sulk it in instead of a long 20 mi run with a 10k at the end...

I'm very excited and I can't wait to start my marathon training.

I have an alternate speed training program but I'm working on the 5k. I hope I can finish it below 30 minutes. I believe I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment