I haven't blogged my training for week 2 or week 3. so I'll post the graphs to see my progress.
Week 2
as you can see the runs are going at a downward slope. I am also recording my cool down period which I stop doing in week 3. On the last day I tried to run as long as I could but failed as I ran out of energy. Going to stick with the training program and not jump to back to the way I used to ran.
Week 3
These runs I was aiming for faster times by pushing myself. On some of them I was able to hold 9 min pace for several minutes. but the runs are 90-3-90-3 which is not enough time to do much. I did do at the end of the run burst with what ever energy I had for 60 seconds. I did not record my cool down which is walking for about .5-1miles.
Week 4:
This run I am proud of. I wasn't out of breath and wow my happy pace is now 10 min =) yay. Soon I will get it just under that. Near the end I burst as much as I can for the last 60 seconds and then shut off the ipod to cool down for another mile. I feel great and I think I could go even longer. Not sure if its because I did not take a rest day since Friday. I did a hike yesterday with lots of sprinting and was sore this morning before the workout. I can't wait to run Wednesday and see how far I can go.
Hey nice! you nearly cut off 1min and 30secs off your 2.3mile runs comparing week 2 and week 4. -- Jimmy
ReplyDelete