lots of stuff going on in my life and thanks to Christofil and Hye-Eun, I've picked up running again.
now this was not my first run back into it, but holy crap, if you stop for just one month and try to get back into it... its like starting all over.
Been trying all week to pick up the times that I did before. Not sure what's going on here but maybe my body has changed or that half marathon traumatized me so much, I'm scared to push myself.
Well I'm not going to let it get to me, but I'll run my own race and see if I can improve.
Today was very different. We were going to in-law's home (Valencia, CA) since they moved out to NC and only the youngest one still lives there.
So I decided to run there instead of here.
I started the morning with fruit for breakfast. Bananas and black berries. When I got there, my carb of choice, maybe by stupidest was a can of tuna. Drank a little water and then got ready for my run. By this time it was about 10 AM.
So by 11 AM, I was geared up stretched out and ready to go. I packed my camel pack with a bottle of water (no bladder) and put my cell phone and wallet in case something happens to me.
I walk down the path to get used to the feeling again. I cross the street... and uhhh started to run. I felt winded already. Ahhh tuna no bueno. I start back up and soon I realized... I'm quinching for water.
I get water and goto walking pace. I was like damn... what's going on. I continue on the path and there's like some white fluffy things floating all around... I was like... don't open mouth or I'm swallowing something so I went back to walking pace.
Finally I reached the end of the path and back on to the side walk and tried to start my pace again. Some reason, it's not letting me and I realized... it's freaking hot (94 degrees when I checked the car). So hot that I decided to go stand at a bus stop and stretch it out and lower my heart rate.
I start after a 10 min rest (I stopped my ipod and watch for this rest so it doesn't look stupid) and then realized... I have short feet lets try short stride. Holy crap I was hauling butt. I started thinking, why was I trying to make my stride longer. Then it hit me again... I knew I was dehyrdated and the more I run, the more I have to pee so I said f it and walked back. There was a small hill and I tried the short stride again and wow it was different.
So there you go, my prace was all messed up from walking too slow but I got some nice times in there whe I got my pace back up.
This week I will work on my short stride technique and see if I can use it for long distances.
8 Ways to Keep Muscle Cramps Awayrest intervals tie so you don't hurt yourself
ReplyDelete